ftp.proxy - FTP Proxy Server
ftp.proxy is an application level gateway for FTP. It sits
between a client and a server forwarding command and data streams
supporting a subset of the file transfer protocol as described in
Beside this basic function which makes the program useful on firewall
or masqueraders it offers fixing the FTP server (e.g. for connections
into a protected LAN) and proxy authentication.
This Project was initiated by Wolfgang Zekoll. He stopped developing in 2000. As I really like this software I try to continue this project.
ftp.proxy offers external access control programs (ACP), that is an
external program decides if a user can use the proxy service or not.
This decision can be made on username, host name, day of time etc.
Since version 1.0.1 ftp.proxy supports also command control programs.
Similar to ACPs the CCPs permit or deny access to certain FTP commands on
the server, e.g. it's possible to allow a user to get files but to deny
any kind of uploads.
- Version 2.1.0-beta5 released for testing.
- Version 2.1.0-beta4 released for testing.
- Version 2.0.0-beta8 released for testing with exiting new features like transparent mode.
- The mailinglist is now archived on mail-archive.com
- New rpms for Fedora Core 4 on i386 and x86_64 available. Thanks to Gregoire Barbier.
- We now contribute to ClamAV by providing a new mirror.
- Release of version 1.2.3
- Now you can dowload ftp.proxy also by ftp
- Release of version 1.2.2
- Updates to the faq section
- Release of version 1.2.1.
- Release of version 1.2.0.
- Added md5sums for the source packages in the download area.
- Release of beta 7. Losed! Beta 6 wasn't the last. :-)
- A FAQ section is now availble. More FAQs coming soon.
- You can now do a full text search on the rfc directory.
- Release of beta 6. Should be the last release before final 1.1.6
- Gregoire Barbier made some rpms. They will be available for download soon.
- The source of ftp.proxy is now hosted at savannah.nongnu.org.
Read the manual page for details.
try the FAQ section.
The current stable version of ftp.proxy is 1.2.3
Released 30. July 2004
Browse the download directory or get it by ftp: ftp.ftpproxy.org
You can also get a Nightly CVS Tree Tarball from Savannah.
You can perform a full text search on the rfc directory.
Read the history page for details.
FireScript for WS_FTP Pro from IPSWITCH to enable WS_FTP Pro to use ftp.proxy as Firewall.
There are two mailing lists regarding ftp.proxy.
Old messages a archived on:mail-archive.com
I try to find out on which platforms ftp.proxy is actually running. If you have any experience with ftp.proxy please take part on the survey.
Here are the first results. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Maintained by Andreas Schoenberg